Friday, April 3, 2009

Ouch...

I was on a walk with my little Ryah in her stroller and making a phone call...as I was looking at my phone to dial a number the stroller got stopped by something and I heard Ryah cry out. I didn't know what happened until I looked down and saw her laying face down on the pavement. She had wriggled her way out of the stroller (she was sitting straight up just literally two seconds earlier) and landed face first on the pavement, banged her nose, skinned her lips and chin, and chipped her tooth. She had tiny rock pieces in her lips and a bloody nose and lips. She cried for about 15.5 seconds, hugged me, and then we walked the rest of the way home (which we had only made it about halfway, and now had the other half to trek home injured). Then when we got close to home she allowed me to take a picture of her first major injury and was nice enough to smile for me while doing it. What an amazing child...and so tough.


And for all those of you who think Ryah is a mommas girl (which for the most part she is) she has her moments. She likes everyone, she just takes a little time to warm up to you...so be patient, she too will love you.
We miss you Aunt Janet and Uncle Keith

1 comment:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Awww!! Her poor little lip! That's the cutest bloody smile, though ;)