Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am here

Well, I am sort of begrudgingly updating my blog. I have somewhat avoided doing this partially because the last few months have been extremely busy and I just haven't had the chance, and partially because my sister Ashleigh is usually the only one, or one of the only ones that ever really reads and comments on it and she is not here to do that anymore, and that makes me sad. I probably still wouldn't be updating my blog if it weren't for my little girl. She was taken to the urgent care last night with a 104 degree temperature and is still feeling the effects of whatever is plaguing her body. She is crying, not wanting to be held, not wanting to be rocked, not wanting to do anything but fuss, cry, and be alone, so that is what she is doing; fussing, crying, and being alone. This doesn't permit much sleep on my part, hence the long overdue blog update...finally. There has been much going on in the last few months, from out of state visits to Utah, funerals, visiting with family, in state but hours from the valley visits to Brians moms and from Brians mom, more out of state visits to Disneyland for Halloween, working from home, working at the gym, sick baby, to sick momma, to baking, cooking, cleaning and much, much more. You name it, I have probably done it in the last few months. Some of it was fun, some of it was not, but still, some of it was very time consuming and tiring and I am ready for the holidays to come, because I love the season, I love the feeling of closeness, I love the feeling of everybody is happy, just for a little bit, all at the same time, whether they really want to be or not, this season doesn't really give them a choice but to be happy. I love watching the Christmas movies with my hubby, cuddling up with him, eating our dinner, drinking hot chocolate, and talking about how these movies make us closer everytime we watch them. I don't know why but I am missing Ashleigh today for some reason, more than usual, and just wanted to post a little thought about her so we can all think of her. I love you Ashleigh and really wish you were here to help me know how to help my sick, sleepless, baby because you were always there for those little times when I needed a little extra help or advice from someone who has gone through it herself, not only once, but four times. I love you sis.
Anyway, I don't really know what got me started on my pointless rambling but I guess that is what happens whey I dont update my blog for so long. Anyway, thanks for reading, sorry I jumped from subject to subject with no real destination, but that is kind of how my brain works at night...well always actually. It is a wonder I ever got any homework done.

Here's a few pics of Disneyland. I don't have many good ones because all the good ones were taken on a different camera. Beth, Janae, Carrie, I need to steal all your pics!

Ryahs first Disneyland ride. She had so much fun pulling the bar towards her to go "Up"
Wilma Flintstone and Pebbles dancing in the streets
Fred and Wilma
Max
Wild Thing
Dancing with Kyra, Beth the Witch, and Pace (Max from Where the Wild Things Are) and half the people at California Adventure.

Mickey Mouse (You know you just sang the song)


Don't let their unhappy expression fool you, I caught them off guard. They had a BLAST!
The Castle
Being stuck in a stroller all day would probably make you have a similar face!
Tried to get a good pic of both of us smiling, but Ryah happened to look away just at the right time! Crazy girl!
Ryah LOVED this ride. She would shoot the gun at the targets, and that "Spin" joystick you see there spun us in circles if you pulled it one way or the other, and Ryah sure did pull it every possible way!
Buz

8 comments:

Kasey said...

My kids loved Buzz Lightyear too! We had to ride it twice for sure!

ensman said...

I love reading your blog Brooke! I think you are one of the strongest people I know. Seriously. Please call me if you need anything!! I am serious!! We are in need of another girls night and a Brooke pedicure :) (well at least I am :) You guys look so cute in Disneyland!!

Connie said...

I saw your blog a few months ago on anther blog site.
I extend my sympathy in the loss of your sister, sounds like she was a brave strong person up to the end. Sisters are special and her memory will live on through you.

Jones Family said...

I always read your blog. I have been sad you havent updated but i completely understand. Your Disneyland trip looks like it was fun. I am jealous!

Stephanie said...

We are def. fans of Disneyland too! We think it's one of the happiest places on earth....so of course we had to get annual passes. Looks like you guys had a great time:)

Stephanie said...

girls night anyone??!!! call me and we can play (ryah needs some friends :) )

Emily said...

i miss her too.

Janae said...

Ok..1st I have to say that your dumb! Your sis wasn't the only one that read your blog and commented on it....we all love you Brooke, so don't go there...I love you the mostest though, your my most favorite sis-in-law on my side if you know what I mean, and the cutest...hehe

So Halloween was a complete blast! We should make that a tradition!! I loved spending that much time with all of you all...and hearing my bro sing to my little girl....it was a fav!!