Monday, August 16, 2010

Story of the day 8/16/2010

Tell me a story Ryah...

Ryah: The monsters come in

Me: What monsters

Ryah: They're jump jump jumping

Me: Where?Ryah: There's a mouse, he's squished.

Me: Oh, no! Did the monsters squish the mouse?

Ryah: The mouse is sad

Me: He is?

Ryah: The mouse is happy mouse now.

Me: The mouse is happy? Is he ok?

Ryah: Yeah, he threw out the monsters!

Me: He did!?!? That's great!

Ryah: He has strong muscles.

Me: Yeah, he must have strong muscles if he can throw the monsters out!

Ryah: Broke my heart.

Me: It broke your heart?Ryah: The mouse broke me. He threw me

Me: The mouse threw you?

Ryah: Yeah, and I crash.

Me: Oh, no! Are you ok?

Ryah: He threw me in the water and I splash.

Me: Do you need me to protect you?

-And then she broke out into an awesome song singing about all the things she did today including reading four Eric Carl book that she LOVED. Some of her song went like this...

I fight the monsters and they threw me out and the mouse threw me out and broked my arm and ate my arm and I crash and the fireflys flashed their light and the fireworks flashed their light and I love daddy and........

I can't remember it all. I wish I had a tape recorder in her room so I could just record everything she said. I love my smart little girl!

I read "The Very Hungry Catipillar" by Eric Carl to her and asked her to retell the story back to me and she remembered everything from the little egg, to eating the plums, and oranges, and strawberries, and pears, to going from little catipillar to a big fat catipillar and building a home (she forgot the word, a cacoon) and becoming a butterfly!

SMARTY PANTS!

Love that girl!

No comments: