Friday, August 28, 2009

Am I a horrible Mom?

Ryah has given us a few scares in the last couple of months, I just wanted to share a few with you...

That is just a sneak peak. Don't worry, she is ok! Haha! Brian was watching her while I was at work and she was just hanging out in her room playing. Well, Brian heard her fuss, just a little, not a cry, more like a, "Hey, I am stuck" fuss. Well, she was, but he didn't know. He thought she just wanted Brian to come get her, so he called out to her "come out here Ryah". She didn't say anything for a min or two, then a little louder she did the same sound. "Come out here Ryah" Brian said. When she didnt show up or make any other sounds, he got up and went to go find out what that silly little girl was doing...


Don't ask how she did this. She didn't start crying till she saw Brian. Poor girl just wanted a little help getting out of a sticky predicament! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!! HAHA

Some real scary things she has done though is she lOVES blueberries and grapes. Every once in a while she would get too many in her mouth and choke, not cough and gurgle, but get some lodged in her throat and not be able to breath in or out or cough. The only way I knew is because I was sitting right next to her and felt a little hand on my leg and looked over to see this look of TERROR on her poor pretty little face and it took 0.01 seconds for me to figure out she was choking and I stuck my finger down her throat and pushed it down further till she swallowed it all on her own. A little scary but we both survived!

Another time I went swimming with some friends in my friends back yard and Ryah was walking around the pool on the pool deck. She loves walking anywhere and everywhere. My friends little four year old boy dropped his floaty in the pool and was trying to reach it. I was in the pool and didn't want him to fall in so I pushed it over to him. I was watching little ryah walk around the pool and the second I took my eyes off her to push the noodle over to the boy (a process that took less than 1 second) she had slipped and fallen in and was face down in the pool. WATCH YOUR KIDS AROUND WATER!!! Luckilly I was anticipating her getting too close (and was originally planning on being right there if she DID decide to jump/fall in) but the second I took my eyes off her was the second she fell in. I was only about 2 seconds away from her and she was only under water for those two seconds, and I grabbed her, brought her above water, and gave her a hug, wiped the water from her face and nose, and she hugged me again and was just fine...walking around the pool on the pool deck once again. (Dont worry, this time I was right by her side).

Ryah has fallen on her face a few times, bled a few times, smashed her poor little pinkey till her nail died and fell off, and fallen off her share of high objects, but the one that probably scared us the mose is when she fell off the table. She is not a sit-still-er. A still sitter. A person that sits very still...at all...ever...and I had her on top of the table in the living room, (I moved the dining room table and chairs so I could sweep and mop the kitchen) and she was sitting in her little chair eating some lunch...cheese, grapes, something of that sort. Well, as I was sweeping, she had scooted herself backwards by pushing on her heels until she moved back, and further back, and further back, and right off the edge of the table. I promptly knew exactly what had happened and I dropped the broom and ran over to her. She cried of course but as soon as I picked her up, we danced and sang and I rubbed her poor back, (which later had a bruise from where it hit the back of the chair she was sitting in) and she was just fine after that.

Here are a few other fun Ryah moments...I LOVE YOU GIRL!

She loves playing Peek-a-boo, except I dont say peek-a-boo, I say...
"wheres Ryah..."


"THERE SHE IS"

This girl loves to put on cloethes and shoes...

She picked out these outfits all on her own



I told her to say cheese...she did! =) Love it!
Oops...


She loves jumping on the trampoline and playing on the beam (in the background) I have for my classes. She will be quite the gymnast

There is a video on facebook of her dancing with Pooh...she LOVES Pooh. I bought her this little Pooh, we lost it two days later. RIP Pooh! =(
I LOVE YOU GIRL!

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Oh man. I always have those nightmares where one of my kids falls in the pool and for some reason, I cant get over to them because I can only go really slow. I hate it! I am so ocd around water with my babes! It sounds like your little one has gotten into just as much mischief as my Kingston! Must be the age

Mrs. Buv said...

I just read your comment on Kim's blog ref: the t-shirts. I commented back, but wasn't sure you'd get it. PLease e-mail me at phnx101@cox.net...

Thanks!!

Randi