Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Help if you can

http://tracyfamilyfun.blogspot.com/

Hello everyone. Ashley and Jake are my cousins and they are such an uplifting couple to me and my family and I wanted to share something with all of you that will hopefully touch you as much as they have touched me.

If you visit their blog, you will get a little bit of information about their family but I want you to focus on little Ryan. There are a few links to the right of their blog that you can get a little more information about him but what I wanted you to read is below. It is also the most recent post on her blog.

Attention all friends and family! I know this is short notice but I have been working a lot lately on special ways we can honor Ryan on his birthday coming up and after talking with the Assistant Nurse Manager of the NICU at UWMC the past few days she said the best and most useful way would be to donate fleece baby blankets and preemie layette's. I have a special plan for embroidering four blankets to be given to families in need representing the four days we had with Ryan with a special word embroidered representing the four main precious things he taught us : hope, strength, love and courage! Each blanket will come with Ryan's story.

I thought I would let family and friends know that if they wanted to celebrate Ryan's birthday with us by honoring him and serving another family they could bring by (or mail us) a fleece baby blanket, they prefer fleece because it keeps the preemies warmer outside the incubator, or a preemie layette that families will be a able to choose from for their babies, to our home before August 17th (before noon). We will be at UWMC the 17th in the late afternoon for my OB appointment and will distribute these gifts to the NICU then to be distributed on August 21, 22, 23 and 24... the four days of Heaven we call them, the four days we had with him. SO we love this and think it's a great way to honor Ryan and help other families. Hope you do too. Thank you!! Let me know if you have any questions :)

She is such a sweet mom and Jake is a wonderful father. If you would like to help, let me know and I will send you her address.

Ashley, good luck with everything and I will send you what I can soon!

No comments: