Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ryah's Room...or the beginning of it anyway...

Here is the start of our little girl's room! I am so excited to get furniture to actually complete it. I was going to buy a super cute changing table off Craigslist and had already arranged the pick up but as I was on my way to the lady's house, I called to get directions and she said "oh sorry, I already sold it." What? What the heck...so now we are back to no furniture...hopefully I can be lucky enough to find some before she comes...otherwise she will be sleeping with momma and daddy!






These letters started off being a brown and pink crackle paint look...but I am less crafty than I thought and that turned out to be a disaster, so....my sweet husband Brian painted them black for me and I just got some pink ribbon to tie in bows to make the letters look a little more girly. Her name is Ryah, (if you couldn't tell) and it is so fun waiting and anticipating and luckily I am not miserable yet, but summer is soon coming and I am sure that will change. But for now, Mom and Daddy love you little girl and we cant wait to meet you. We hope you are healthy and happy and we are looking forward to your arrival!




Here is a close up of the "Y". The walls are brown, the letters are black, and if you scroll down you will see the curtain is pink, to match the ribbons on the letters.



Here are some picture frames I found at a thrift store for 5 bucks, I painted black and tied the same ribbons to match the rest of the room. The curtains I found at Wal Mart (I love that place) and its a sheer on top of a solid and if you looked down the hall in our house, the entire room and hall shines this bright pink when the sun comes in! Brian always closes the door cause he doesn't want our house to glow pink! I guess its a little too girly for him.

18 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Way WAY cute! I love the little pink bows on everything. That is such a great idea! I'm excited to see her and her adorable room in July!

Ashley said...

That's so cute! Decorating for your baby is so fun! I'm still working on Cooper's. Congrats on your baby! :)

Brooke and Brian said...

Haha, you are STILL working on Coopers? That's funny since he is definitely not a baby anymore, he is getting so big. Projects are never done it seems though, so good luck with that! =)

Brooke and Brian said...

Ashleigh, I can't wait for you to see it either when you come in July...that will be so FUN!!!. Well, and hot, but at least I will be inside my house for a while...a LONG while!

Stephanie said...

I love it! I love fusha with black and the brown is cuter than ever too. You are way better than me, Adree is now a year old and still doesn't have a cute room. I am so excited for you!

Laura Davis said...

I love the pink and black it is adorable. I have decided to redecorate the whole house, and smart me is doing it all at the same time, in other words my house is in shambles. Good luck on the rest of the room, and keep us posted so we can see the cuteness.

hollysboys said...

hey brooke. her room is so cute, you did a good job, i wish i had a girl so i could enjoy in the decorating fun!!
i just made my blog private so if you want to email me i will add you to it. luvU!holly
hboubelik@cox.net

*Ashley said...

This is SOOOO cute!! I'm SO glad you posted thesse pics!! I wish I were there!! I miss you!! :( We could go get little girl stuff on an adventure! Maybe in a few weeks when we come down!!

Kasey said...

So cute Brooke! And I didn't know her name would be Ryah? So cute and differant.

Brooke and Brian said...

Yes for sure Ash, you must call me for real this time. I am so excited!

Brooke and Brian said...

Holly, I emailed you...add me dang it! ;)

Brooke and Brian said...

Laura, I will do for sure! As soon as I get some furniture I will post more pics so you can see how super cute the room is! Your kids are so adorable!

Brooke and Brian said...

Steph I am not better than you I am just cheap. I got the frames from a thrift store, the curtains from walmart and some of the paint was left over from painting the house. Labor was free. He got his payment though! ;) Oh, and the letters were from walmart too.

Brooke and Brian said...

Thanks Kase! I love it too!

The Wagners said...

Brooky Lou! Hey so I'm going to do a wood sign for Tayson in his colors (when I know them) that says "Dusting and cleaning can wait till tomorrow, For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow, So go away cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep ". If you want, when I'm making Tayson's I can make on for Ryah in pink and black. Let me know if you want one. We need to hang out, it's been forever since I've seen you!

Brooke and Brian said...

Nikki! That would be awesome! How do you make them? What does it look like? And yeah we should totally kick it!

The Wagners said...

Hey, they can look however you want them to look. I'm in the process of ordering the vinyl lettering, getting prices and stuff, so I'll let you know what kinds of fonts and sizes and stuff she's got. Then we can do it however big or small you want it. What are you two up to this weekend? I was thinking we hadn't seen Michelle and the boys for a while either. We should see what everyone is up to.

Danielle and Calan said...

Gotta love pink! I know i do!! :)