Tuesday, January 6, 2009

50 Million Pounds

So, I am sure there is probably a better website out there but I thought this would be fun for those who wanted to join. I am wanting to lose a few lbs, nothing serious, but mainly I want to get into better shape and have more energy. I went to 50millionpounds.com and created a team and am letting you all know in case you would like to join me. Just go to the website, click join now, fill out your information, go to the "teams" tab, find the one labled "just a few" (thats the name of my team) and fill out join. I misspelled a few things because I did it fast and now I don't know how to go back and change it, but don't let my lack of spelling abilities effect your desire to lose "just a few" lbs! =)

Also, I would like to run a marathon or two this year. If anyone has any information about upcoming marathons, or similar activities, let me know.

Thanks everyone, and this is not limited to women, friends, or relatives. Anyone can join!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

A good one to do first is a half marathon. There is one on Jan 31 at Schnepf farms. It's called Londons Run. There are signs on the side of the roads, so check it out. I'm going to the the 10K. I'm not much of a runner, so 6 miles is good.

Marianne said...

You should train several weeks before doing a half marathon. I did one a few years ago in Detroit, it is 13.1 miles, and I've also done a full marathon in Hawaii in 2003. You have to train at least 20 weeks for either one. It's no picnic, but well worth it!

I plan on doing the PF Changs Rock and Roll marathon January 2010. Since it has been a few years, I think I might try the half marathon first.

I joined 50millionpounds.com as well, I'll join the team!