Thursday, January 22, 2009

A LITTLE HELP HERE

Yes it's 230 in the morning. Yes I am awake. Ryah wakes up every night now and I have no idea why. I thought it might be because she is teething but I don't know for sure. I go in, put her down (literally, I have to lay her down because she is standing in her crib) and then after about 30min to an hour (of me going in a few times to lay her down) she is asleep again. I have no idea why she does this. Anyway, so yea...any suggestions? I have tried giving her gas drops and tylenol to rule out any other issues but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

3 comments:

The O'Neal Family said...

you poor thing...do you feel like she's a newborn all over again? Have you tried teething tablets or baby orajel? I've heard from other friends that when they start teething, they wake up throughout the night and some say the teething meds work and others, not so much. Are you gonna be around this weekend? Maybe we can get the babies together!

heidi said...

I'm so sorry! sometimes it is something they do for one reason and then it works (to get you in there) so they continue to do it or fall into the habit. you might just have to let her cry it out for a night or two. :(
if you want me to make that quote -- which i'm totally stealing, by the way, just email me a size, color, & font! talk to you soon!

Danielle and Calan said...

Yes i agree with Heidi... you need to just let her cry. The first night you can go in and lay her down, but just once! Then the next night if she wakes up, just open her door and try to calm her by hearing ur voice and jus tell her to lay back down and go to sleep, but don't touch her. Then the next night if she wakes up you could tell her to go back to sleep through the door, but don't go in her room... and then after that if she still wakes up (i doubt it), you gotta jus let her cry, cuz she'll keep crying if you keep responding to her. And i wouldn't give her any medicine, unless u KNOW she is sick or running a fever or whatever! And those gas drops were recalled :( Hope this helps... My sisters and my mom think this is what you should do too :)