Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ok, seriously...

Is a 6 month old supposed to be able to do this...

Ryah is on the floor playing with her toys. I am in the kitchen washing dishes (last time I checked on my little girl was about 3 mins prior) and I go to put a washcloth in the laundry room. As I was exiting the kitchen and entering the living room (the same room, just separated by a counter) on my way to the laundry room (really just a closet) I look down to check on my little girl and she is no where to be found. Of course she doesn't talk so when I hollered out "Ryah?" there was no answer. I got a little worried cause there is stuff on the floor that can harm a beautiful little 6 month old baby girl. So I put the towel in the laundry room and continued to search for my little girl. Where is the worst place a baby can wander into? Think for a few seconds before you continue...she was hanging out in the bathroom by the toilet. I picked her up, wiped her down and made shre she hadn't found anything interesting on the floor to put in her mouth. Silly girl.

Also I as I was putting dishes into the dishwasher, Ryah found her way to the kitchen and pulled herself up and was standing next to the open dishwasher holding onto the bottom basket. She was all ready for bed and had her cute little PJ's on with the footies (slippery for a baby). Well, she slipped, both feet slipped out from under her, and she being the smart, strong baby that she is, was still holding on (for dear life) and trying to stand up. So, if you can picture it, her little feet were trying to make their way back under her bottom but not making it. Luckily I caught her in time before her precious little head hit the hard tile kitchen floor.

Oh, and does anyone else feel like they need 3 or 4 more hands to change a diaper? Two to hold their hands down, two more to hold their feet down, one to stop them from scooting away and/or turning away (or arching their backs), and one to wipe their butt.

This little girl is much too strong, much too quick, and much too cute for her own good.

I LOVE THIS GIRL!

Oh, and it's a good thing I have a husband to cook for, otherwise I would live off of honey nut cheerios and chocolate chip cookie dough

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Patton was all over the place by that age too! Adree on the other hand sat up a month before she even moved (although she had some medical issues). It is so fun to watch them grow! Oh and I am sure I am a lot harder of a mom than you but you spank their little bum once or twice and tell them to hold still or what ever your choice of words are and they learn right quick to hold still! Then you just have to threaten with the bum spank. :)

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Yeah. I know the story... x4. I totally guessed bathroom, too, by the way. So... change her diaper on the floor, pin her arms down at the shoulders with your legs, hold both feet in one hand, wipe with the other. She'll hate it, but you'll get her done! Yeah... good luck. She's a cutie.

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

by the way... that quote at the top of your blog: GROSS!!